Here is an update on some of the events being held for the 2014 PSNZ Convention, being organised by the Marlborough Camera Club in Blenheim.
Further Events Featuring Peter Eastway and Tony Hewitt
- Peter and Tony are undertaking a Post Convention Workshop commencing Monday April 28th until Saturday May 3rd, which will feature an extensive photography tour of little known generally inaccessible and wild locations in the upper South Island. Organised by Will Parsons’ Driftwood Eco-Tours, it will be a great opportunity to get one-on-one tuition and mentoring by Peter and Tony right here in New Zealand (rather than having to travel to Australia). There are still a few places left so to learn more detail about the tour visit the Convention Website and access Peter Eastway, Presenter – it’s all there at “Adventures in NZ”. You do not have to be registered for the Convention to attend this Workshop.
- There is a Private Viewing of the Australian ND5 Exhibition “At the Edge of the Light” featuring photographs of the isolated Pilbara region at the Millennium Gallery on the evening of Thursday April 24th. The photographs are huge and stunning. Peter and Tony are two of the photographers and they will be talking about their unique experiences undertaking this project, discussing the composition, techniques and other features of some of the photographs. They are keen to make this event interactive, and hope there will be lots of comments and questions by attendees. It is a good informal opportunity to get alongside Peter and Tony. Refreshments on hand so see you through until dinner time!
Anakiwa Outward Bound Field Trip and Workshop
Anakiwa is a great location in the Marlborough Sounds, and the home of Outward Bound in this region. Originally this Workshop (WS15) was advertised as overnight Friday and all day Saturday 26 April. This has now been changed to Saturday only, and there will now be no charge. Those who have already paid will be refunded, but please note that the Website will not be reconfigured until the week of 28th January, so if you are registering for this event you will need to enter the $30 charge – but it will be refunded. The event will be led by Simon Woolf who will ensure you get to see the best of the Outward Bound activities, and will mentor, critique and generally help with all forms of photography to which this site lends itself. For those who are less enthused by things “eco” this might be the place to go to especially if you like a bit of action. You are assured of a great welcome by Outward Bound.
Lochmara – Saturday, April 26th
This is another great location in the Sounds with lots of variety on offer. Sally Mason is leading this Field Trip – she is very familiar with Lochmara and will be there to make sure participants have a good time and find what most interests them. The Lodge is a great place to just relax and enjoy with a great reputation for its hospitality. Kayaks, swimming, bush walks, sculptures, and special care for endangered species all on hand.
Canon Full Frame and CRK Lighting Workshop
This Friday morning workshop (WS10) is now located at the Vintage Car Club at Brayshaw Park in Blenheim. A great variety of old cars and displays around the Park as well. This is good for all interested in portraiture with a difference. Simon Woolf may also be there.
Other Recently Added Workshops
There is more detail on the Convention Website under Workshops and mini-Workshops, but here is a summary of what has been added:
- Bruce Girdwood is doing an all day workshop (WS19) on Visual Design and Composition on Saturday 26 April at Rarangi
- Don Pittham is undertaking “Triptychs for Dummies” (mini-workshop WS4 on Thursday 24 April)
- Tony Bridge is demonstrating OnOne Perfect Suite software (mini-workshops WS14 on Thursday 24 April and WS18 on Friday 25 April)
- Graeme Robertson will astound with High Speed photography (workshop WS17 on Friday morning 25 April)