Please note that all workshops under the PSNZ Workshop Series are only available to PSNZ Members. If you wish to attend a workshop, but are not a member of PSNZ, you can join us by completing our online application form.
Please remember to read our Cancellation Policy, below.
16 March @ 12:00 PM – 17 March @ 5:00 PM
Are you looking for a way to create beautiful artistic images with your camera without needing expensive and complicated software?
If YES, Impressionist Photography will prepare you to take beautiful and expressive pictures anytime and anywhere.
In this course, we will look at the ideas and techniques of Abstract and Impressionist Photography and learn how to use captivating and simple in-camera techniques that turn ordinary scenes into light-filled impressionist photographs.
During this course, I will take the mystery out of impressionist photography and help you get started on creating beautiful painterly pictures.
If you attend this workshop, you will:
- learn core concepts every impressionist photographer needs to know,
- gain insights and learn about impressionist photography,
- explore light and composition,
- learn about “Abstract Expressionism” in photography,
- learn how to capturing “Emotion and Essence”,
- exploring creative camera techniques,
- get individual image review and feedback in order for you to gain confidence in your creative and artistic abilities.
PSNZ Cancellation Policy
Due to the nature of the PSNZ Workshop Series and that the workshops are generally for small groups and often over-subscribed, cancellations can have a significant financial and attendance effect on the workshop, as well as creating a lot of further administration work.
Although we do everything possible to ensure our workshops proceed, sometimes there are things beyond our control.
- PSNZ reserves the right to postpone or cancel a workshop due unforeseen circumstances e.g. covid level affects, facilitator illness, venue access issues, etc. In the event we do cancel a planned workshop, we will attempt to inform attendees as soon as possible and in most cases you will be given an alternative date to attend or provided with a full refund of the workshop costs.
- If a workshop is postponed, the first right of refusal will be given to those who were already booked on that workshop for the rescheduled workshop.
- Should a workshop fail to attract a required minimum number of attendees to make it viable to run, PSNZ reserves the right to cancel the workshop.
- PSNZ will not accept responsibility for travel and accommodation costs incurred by attendees.
- In the event that an attendee booked for the workshop does not turn up, no refund will be given.
- If an attendee cancels between 30 – 15 days prior to the workshop, PSNZ will refund 50% of the workshop fee (less admin fee of $20). If another person on the waiting list can their place, then the attendee will be refunded the total fee paid less the $20 admin fee.
- No refund will be given if an attendee cancels within 14 days of the workshop date unless another person on the waiting list can take their place at short notice. A small administration fee of $20 will apply and be deducted from any refund.
- PSNZ may give a full refund if there are exceptional circumstances involved in a person not being able to attend.